26.1.2010
The sun is dipping lower over Christmas hills but the image in my minds eye is of an earnest young man is a small white car driving westward. Josh’s shirt is still draped over the bench by the door and his towel hangs over the chair but this morning he loaded a few essentials into his car and set off on the long trek to Perth.
The last few days have been an emotional roller coaster whilst Josh prepared for the telephone interview that could offer him an escape from his present unsatisfactory existence. He really had to put himself on the line in front of all his family and friends and he gave it his all. The interview yesterday afternoon was not easy, but the university rang back and offered him a place. I cannot think why not. They charge an absolute fortune for the course and it was not full so what do they have to loose?
We are thrilled and scared for him but also feel terribly sad. It is such a long way away and I will miss him so much. I am also totally exhausted. And with all this emotional drama it has been hard to relax let alone sleep. I will still be worried until he has crossed the Nullarbor and arrives at his destination. I felt at a total loss over what to do with myself today but fortunately our friends Caroline and Mark arrived and we talked about other issues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment