3.5.2011
BUILDING NEWS
Action again today. The new pump company arrived this morning with the biggest boy toy yet to adorn the property. Strangely it came manned by someone who has been a dairy goat farmer in a previous life situation. Fortunately for us he arrived with the intention of getting the job done and worked with a will. Boral kept up a steady flow of concrete trucks and Geoff and mate arrived in time to help with last minute jobs and scaffold moving. Thank goodness, our walls are now filled with concrete and it may be possible to talk to Edd again!
OTHER NEWS
The weekend was full of parties. The only problem is that I now feel really bad because I have nowhere suitable to return the invitations now the weather has changed. I had a great laugh at Peter and Thea’s on Saturday, and on Sunday afternoon we got together next door to celebrate Craig’s daughter’s first birthday. Craig is also starting to build and spent Easter digging a cellar and building in concrete walls with no mortar, locking blocks. I have no idea how he managed to get so much work done in so little time. He and Edd decided to pour concrete on the same day as we are now using the company Craig recommended. I wish we had done this first time.
There was no sailing on Sunday so everyone came back here. Al organised Ti and Morren to help him move away broken blocks from the front of the building site with the tractor. Both boys worked well, I think turns at tractor driving or rides helped, and Al is so good with them. Whilst this was going on Edd moved piles or earth with Skiddy and I picked up wood, plastic and bricks. In a couple of hours we had made everything much tidier.
When I am not driving round fetching building materials I am struggling to get the accounts up to date. I am soon to start
March, so I am catching up. I rely on a system to cope with dealing with piles of paper where by I do task one, task two etc and then it all just sorts out if I keep going. As light relief I have been putting together the under bench trolley I got last week in Ikea for the dairy. Today I finally got it assembled and the results are just what I needed. Now my big pans have a place to live.
The goats are really drying off now and only one needed a repeat mating up to date. We still have enough milk for everyone but there is less cheese making. Edd has kept going on cow fencing and my next task will be to dig out the cow bale and recondition it. All the galvanising burnt off in the fires so it will have to be a paint job. Once the cow calves I will be extra busy in the dairy.
No comments:
Post a Comment