
8.6.2011
BUILDING NEWS
This is an all time low. Icy winds and continuous rain, guess we can forget builders for a bit. Even so, we were run off our feet all day. The paver people came in the morning followed by Peter about glass and Al about architectural matters. (Good on them all for braving our terrible conditions.) In the middle Edd had to take his car to get some work done and we had to fit in care for the animals.
The E-mail to the stove people does not seem to get through in a readable form and the solar tube people have not rung back. Edd rang up John and is trying to organise for the scaffolding to stay and extra week. I just feel like curling up in a ball and waiting for time to pass.
OTHER NEWS
I have nothing good to say about the weather or other conditions today, but at least we got to talk to nice people. The animals are having a rough time. The goats stayed in the shed with full hayracks but poor Donna, Sharron and the sheep had to seek shelter wherever they could find it. I wish the shed had walls and stall so we could bring all the stock inside.
We used to do this where I came from in the Yorkshire dales. The houses had a shippon on the weather side, which was an extension of the house. The animals lived inside for the winter months and were thrown hay down from the loft for feed. In turn their warm bodies protected the wind side of the house. If I could get into a warm dry place with the animals now I would not mind the smells at all. As it is I am just going to write this and then get into bed with a hot water bottle.
No comments:
Post a Comment