14.7.2011
BUILDING NEWS
It is unbelievable. Today it was dry everywhere except here at the end of Steels Creek. After two dry sunny days mud rules once more. Geoff has phoned up to say that he is not building here tomorrow so things are at a dead stop. On Friday he built the first two external arches but there were only two frames so they have had to wait for them to set before they can move the framing on to the next pair of window arches. It could take weeks at this pace.
At least we were able to use the dry days to stack up all the building and other rubbish in the skip. There is still lots of old wire and burnt things left from the bush fires and it always feels really good to get rid of piles of mess. I had been collecting all the plastic off the blocks and the cement bags and putting them in chaff bags but I really had to get them off the property before they biodegraded and released all the waste again.
OTHER NEWS
We took bedding and some bricks over to Warburton for Al today. He and Ti were in the house he has rented in the main street setting up the office ready for work on Monday. The bricks are to build a pizza oven to cook food for his birthday party next week. Some how I feel that this might be rather too short a time frame but who am I to say? I was actually more concerned that he had some warm stuff for bedding as the nights are freezing.
We all feel very upset about the events in our family life this week. Most of us like to consider everyone’s point of view and needs. Up until now we have always managed to sort out problems peacefully and look after all the members of our family when they need help or support. We are on totally new ground when someone behaves in a way that makes this approach impossible. Once a mother, always a mother. I cannot be relaxed if any of my children are having difficulties.
Bo, however, has done well out of the office move. One of the wood work tables would not fit in the new place so Al has sent it over for her to store. It is now acting as a beautiful dining table. Bo had an old round table she found on a tip but it was very unstable and tilted wildly when anyone put weight on an edge. She chucked this table out so Edd and I hauled the top onto the ute. I think it might make a good rat proof lid for the large burnt beer vat that we use to store oats! Nothing gets wasted round here.
No comments:
Post a Comment