13.11.11
Sunday and we are back building again. Stevo is here and I am just about ready to start the day’s grouting session. Strangely my knees are fine but my hands are wearing out fast. A storm is gathering and I have had to waste time getting in the barley we were drying in the sun and hanging out the washing in the hope it dries before the rain arrives.
Steve says he will help me build the funny shaped bathroom which is fantastic. At present it is all pre-plastering work. None of us can agree on when the plasterers said they would start. Stevo and I are worried it might be this week but Edd thinks the following one. The wall rendering definitely could start next week so I am working on relevant floors.
12.11.2011
BUILDING NEWS
It is Saturday, but work continues. I am grouting the bathroom floor and Edd and Stevo have put the flashing on the back of the solar zone roof. The idea is to get everything ready so that the ceilings can be plastered. Also with this dead line in mind we had an invasion of plumbers and electricians at the end of last week. Everything looks very messy but there is hope that order will emerge once these tasks are complete.
I am still on the search for suitable lights and that sort of thing. I had a hot tiring day looking at shops last week without much to show for my efforts. My big purchase boiled down to two cushions and a tea towel! This is part of my research into suitable colours. The other good thing was that I saw tables in a café that are like the one we have ordered for the kitchen and I really thought they looked good.
We also had the termite barrier put up but it was not done with much thought and some of it washed off when evening came and we had a storm.
OTHER NEWS
I am still struggling to treat goat’s feet problems. Edd used to do feet but his broken hand made this impossible so I have had to take over. I am slowly winning and now only two still have problems. I really need to get the horses in and have their feet done again. This wet year has caused their feet to grow fast too. I am finding that a rasp is easier to use on the goats than the clippers. I see on the net that some people use an angle grinder. On the other hand the goats are now looking well fed and glossy. They shed their winter coats fairly early this year.
The mulberry trees are covered with fruit but sadly I have no time to make jam. I am spending every day from 8 in the morning to 6 at night working on our new house. Then I have to come in and cook tea before doing the milking and even feeds. We are too tired when we eventually get to bed even to read books.
No comments:
Post a Comment