

Simon's brewery and King parrots
10.11.2019
It seems as if we have gone back into winter. A wind from the southern seas is blowing wet, cold weather over Victoria. I should be happy about this. The vegetables and other plants are loving it and we seem a world away from the horrific fires to our North that are destroying homers and taking lives. These fires have been raging for weeks and it is not even officially summer yet!
I managed to nip out between showers and mow all the grass areas and Edd found a rain free day to drive north and fetch 2 ton of oats, but preparation for our next camp, starting tomorrow, has been hard. We are still hard at work trying to get everything done. I took time off yesterday to man a stall at our community flower show. It was freezing cold, and bad for women not wearing puffer jackets, but the sun did come out and we had a good turnout.
There were lots of tempting plants and I came home with two roses and two bromeliads. One of my friends had to borrow a wheelbarrow and make two trips to her car she brought so much. I could have done the same, but I exercised restraint as much as possible. I admit to being a bit of an addict as far as plants are concerned. I planted an orange tree, a lemon tree and an elderberry tree this week. I hope they can get a bit established whilst the ground is still moist. I still have more trees that need to be planted but getting some in feel good. The raspberries I planted are looking very settled and fruit are starting to form.
We are eating several meals of snow peas a week and the cauliflowers and broccoli are abundant. The zucchinis are just starting to have flowers and the runner beans have sprouted. We have more vegetables than we can eat. I have moved the chilli peppers outside with the egg plant. They have survived the winter in our sunroom jungle but now that the frosts are over, they will be better off in the fresh air. Mostly my gardens look under control for once which gives a good feeling to the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment